Gatlinburg, Tennessee is one of the best places in the country for live music. Most weekends you can literally hear world-class bluegrass bands playing right on the street…or at least that was the case until this year when, as you all know, live music performances were eliminated all over the country in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
But fear not….live music will return to Gatlinburg! And we are happy to announce that the Historic Gatlinburg Inn will serve as a primary hub for the 2021 Gatlinburg Songwriters Festival.
The Gatlinburg Songwriters Festival is a four day live music event happening all over town from August 19 – 22, 2021. The festival will feature performances from some of the best songwriters in the country at intimate settings that include the Historic Gatlinburg Inn (that’s us!), Ole Red, Ole Smoky, and SkyLift Park.
The festival already has an incredible lineup that includes the following number one hit songwriters:
- Chris Wallin – Kenny Chesney “Dont Blink” , Tracy Adkins “I’m Tryin”, Toby Keith “Love Me If You Can”, Garth Brooks “People Loving People” Montgomery Gentry “Something to Be Proud Of and “Speed”
- Brady Seals – “Some Guys Have All the Love”, “First Time for Everything”, You and Forever Me”, “What Were You Thinkin'”
- Steve Dean – Rodney Atkins -“Watching You”, Oak Ridge Boys- “It Takes A Little Rain”, George Straight – “Round About Way”, Alabama- “Southern Star”, Reba McEntire – “Walk On”
- Wil Nance – George Strait’s “Round About Way”, Brad Paisley “She’s Everything,”
- Brian White – Michael English -”Holding Out Hope To You” & The Martins- “The Promise”, Rodney
Atkins- “Watching You”
- Danny Wells – George Strait – “Check Yes Or No”, Rascal Flatts –“These Days”, and Craig Morgan – “Little Bit Of Life”
- Karyn Williams – “Rest In The Hope” and “Hey There”
That’s just the starting lineup and only a fraction of the incredible songwriters who will be performing.
If you are a songwriter and would like to participate, all you have to do is become a member of the festival and submit your music. Performers will be selected by a board of professionals. If you are an aspiring songwriter seeking exposure, or an established songwriter just looking to network and have a good time, this is a great opportunity.
All of the shows in the showcase round are free to the public, but there are various ticket packages and options that get you into special shows, workshops, and even one-on-one songwriting sessions with professional songwriters. The festival is a fantastic networking opportunity for those looking to further their careers in the music industry.
Not a songwriter but just looking to see some great live music? Then you do not want to miss this event! This is a rare opportunity (especially outside Nashville) to see some of the nation’s best artists up-close and personal at small venues throughout the city. Come August, this is where you are going to want to be!
To find out more or purchase wristbands, tickets to special events, or merchandise, visit the official Gatlinburg Songwriters Festival website at www.gatlinburgsongwriters.com.